Spanish is a language full of advantages. It is the native language of more than 405 million people in 30 countries, and it is still spoken more as a second language, which means that it will open a lot of doors for you both academically and professionally.
But how do you start living life in Spanish?
At Academia Guiu we have a wide variety of courses that will help you to learn the language, whatever your situation and starting level are.
The purpose of these courses is not simply to teach Spanish, but rather to develop your language skills so that you can communicate successfully in the language. For that reason, all courses include a variety of components designed to allow you to practice and improve your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in Spanish.
If you are starting …
If you have just arrived in Spain and your level of Spanish is very basic or null, our intensive ELE BASIC courses (from A1 to B1) will help you make your first immersion in the language.
These are broad courses that address the different skills of the language, with the specific aim that the student reaches the necessary level to be able to access the Spanish university.
The basic courses have four calls throughout the year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, and are mainly intended for students who need to achieve a sufficient level of the language to be able to follow the preparation classes for the selectivity of our UNED-PCE courses .
If you already have knowledge of the language …
We have a wide range of courses that adapt to practically all students’ needs:
- Advanced ELE. Aimed at students who accredit a level of Spanish B1 according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and wish to improve their knowledge for the preparation of the entrance exams to the Spanish University.
- Extensive ELE. The ELE Extensive course is ideal for foreigners who live, study or work in Spain and who want to improve their knowledge of the Spanish language in a short time in an extensive afternoon schedule, after work or studies. We have courses of different levels.
- Annual ELE. Designed for students who start from a basic level and who want to combine language learning together with knowledge of cultural elements of the Hispanic culture and of Barcelona, reaching level B2.
- Intensive ELE. If you start from a basic level and want to advance quickly in learning the language, this is the course for you.
- Intensive ELE 45. Designed for people who need to certify a 45-hour course in order to request the rooting report. A report on social roots is a document that certifies social integration in the country. For this reason, it is essential to have knowledge of the local language and culture.
If you want to obtain an accrediting diploma …
The DELE Spanish diplomas are official qualifications accrediting the degree of competence and command of the Spanish language, which are awarded by the Cervantes Institute on behalf of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of Spain.
Our preparation courses are designed to pass the official DELE exams of the Cervantes Institute, tests that include the 4 skills of the language.
In order to obtain the certificates, it is important not only to have acquired the level at which the candidate is presented, but also to be familiar with the structure and tasks of the test in order to achieve the required score at each level.
The tests to obtain the DELE are held several times a year, so we recommend that you contact us directly to find out the exam dates and the registration deadlines for the test.
If you want to learn while having fun …
Summer vacations can be an unbeatable opportunity to meet new places, people … and learn a language!
If you are a foreign student and want to level up within a month, sign up for our Summer Camp and enjoy an unforgettable experience. We offer intensive Spanish courses combined with leisure and cultural activities for students from all over the world.
At Academia Guiu we use a 100% effective methodology for learning Spanish: the evaluation is continuous and the teacher conducts a personalized follow-up of all students.
In addition, if you are not sure which course is best for you, you can take a level test to find out exactly what your knowledge of the language is.