OBJECTIVES AND CHARACTERISTICS.
University Entry Exams for foreigners aim to assess the maturity, knowledge and skills acquired in previous studies. The exams deal with the minimum knowledge required to gain access to university.
The tests are written exams and they are required to gain access to both public and private universities.
As for the test sitting, students will have to sit the exam in a previously assigned public university. The exams are usually taken over the course of three days.
Two sittings are held annually. The ordinary sitting is held in June and the extraordinary sitting in September.
An admission mark will be calculated for each student considering the average mark obtained in the University Entrance Exam and the average high school mark obtained in the home country (40% and 60% respectively). Students will need a given admission mark depending on the degree they choose. The mark required to gain access to a given degree is determined by the lowest admission mark among students who accessed that particular degree the previous year. The required mark varies every year and from one university to another.
To sum up, the admission mark is the combination of the grades obtained in the University Entrance Exam (40%) along with the average upper secondary school qualification mark (60%).
GENERAL PHASE (Compulsory for all students, all subjects must be taken).
It consists of the following subjects:
- Spanish Language and Literature
- History of Philosophy or History of Spain
- Foreign Language (to choose from English, French, German, Italian or Portuguese)
- A subject from the specific phase chosen by each student (students must choose ONE subject which is related to the degree they are interested in)
SPECIFIC PHASE (Two subjects will have to be chosen).
Students must consider which field the degree they are interested in belongs to. Some subjects in the specific phase are more valued than others in some university degrees, students must be aware of it when choosing the subjects they want to take.
Our experts will give students the information and advice they require on the most suitable subjects for them, considering the university degrees they are interested in. To do so, they take into account weighting parameters tables.
The required admission mark is different depending on the university degree. The required mark ranges from 5 to 14 points. This mark includes the results obtained in the specific phase as long as the chosen subjects belong to the field of the desired degree, as it is shown in the weighting parameters table.
Subjects are weighted according to the due parameters, from 0 to 0.1 and 0.2, depending on the specific field of a given degree.
The best two marks obtained in subjects of the specific phase, as long as they are 5 or better, will be taken into account to calculate the final admission mark.
The following formula allows students to calculate their final admission mark.
Final admisison mark = Admission mark + a M1 + b M2
Admission mark (0.6* average upper secondary school qualification mark) + (0.4* average mark in the general phase)
*M1, M2 = marks obtained in the subjects taken in the specific phase.
*a, b = weighting parameters for specific subjects (0, 0.1 or 0,2)
Services available to our students
• Full course interests free financing in convenient monthly fees.
• Previous studies equivalence recognition. We deal with the procedures to recognize your previous studies free of charge. Bring us your documents and our Documentation Department will deal with all the procedures.
• Free attested copies of Grades and Certifications.
• Individual counseling on the following aspects:
- Advice and help to process a student VISA
- Information about official translators
- Information and guidance about universities in Spain
- Authentications: The Hague Apostille and Diplomatic Channel
- Support with the University Entrance Exam paperwork free of charge.
• Private bus transfers for students on the days of the exams. The academy teachers will accompany our students to the universities where they have to take the exams, and they will wait for them to bring them back to the academy once they have completed the tests.
• Spanish courses for foreigners
We also offer courses of Spanish for students who do not master the language. These courses are intended to ensure students can thoroughly understand the lessons of our courses and their contents.
• Study rooms with tutors where students can work on the contents and the subjects they will have to deal with in the exams.